TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE - STORY TAILOR
Our prices, relating to "tailor-made" programs, are subject to personalized quotations. They are expressed in EUR per file for the total number of participants, adults and children, on the same trip. The details of the services included are precisely defined at the time of the final price summary.
The prices also include our technical expenses (product research, intervention, approach and commercial margin) and it is therefore up to the client to assess before departure if the price satisfies him/her, and to accept that the amount established corresponds to a fixed price that cannot be compared with a posted public rate or a specific promotion.
Our travel packages do not include (unless otherwise stated):
- Formalities fees (vaccinations, passport, visa, Esta etc...)
- Room occupancy in case of early arrival or late departure
- Optional insurance for cancellation, assistance, repatriation and luggage
- Exit taxes, all airport taxes, airfare fees
- Excess luggage
- All services prior to check-in at the departure airport and services after check-in at the return airport
- Exceptional expenses due to fortuitous events (strikes, bad weather conditions...), nor those possibly caused during transit between 2 flights
- The possible night of transit in case of pre/post routing without connection the same day
The airfares offered by Story Tailor are preferential fares negotiated with the various airlines and are subject to strict conditions, including high contribution (business and first class). Therefore, most of these fares do not result in any refunds or changes in travel dates.
Airline taxes are imposed by the airlines who reserve the right to change them at any time. Story Tailor will be obliged to modify them, even after validation of a reservation, paid partially or in its totality. This modification can not affect the finality of the reservation.
2- DURATION OF THE TRIP
The duration of our packages includes the day of departure from the time of takeoff from the airport until the day of return at the time of arrival at the airport. Prices are calculated according to the number of nights and not the number of days.
In most countries, rooms must be vacated by 12:00 noon and can only be occupied from 2:00 pm. A request for a room outside of these times may result in an additional charge.
Payments by bank transfer are accepted. For any payment by American Express card, a fee of 2.5% of the total amount of the file will be required, not refundable by the insurance company.
Deposit: 40% of the total amount of the trip at the time of registration.
Balance: to be paid 60 days before the departure date (precise date indicated in the payment document)
For registrations made less than 60 days before the departure date, the full amount of the services will be required at the time of order.
Any cancellation of a reservation must be made by registered letter to Story Tailor as soon as the event preventing the departure occurs, the date of the sending being taken as proof.
Cancellation by the traveler, between registration and departure date, will incur the following charges:
- More than 90 days before departure → 400 EUR fee per person (non-refundable by the insurance company in case of cancellation) + non-refundable and non-changeable airline tickets
- From 90 to 61 days before departure: 40% of the total amount of the trip + non-refundable and non-changeable airline tickets
- From 60 to 46 days and less before departure: 80% of the total amount of the trip + non-refundable and non-changeable airline tickets
- 45 days or less from departure: 100% of the total amount of the trip
File fees, cancellation or modification fees, insurance fees and visa fees are never refunded by Story Tailor.
Airport taxes and insurance fees are never refunded by the insurer.
5- TRIP CHANGES
By Story Tailor
In accordance with Article 19 of the law of November 21, 2017, until the expiration of a period of thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled date of departure, Story Tailor may modify the price of the trip, to take into account the following variations:
- The cost of transportation, including the cost of fuel and the various related taxes
- The variation of the exchange rates of foreign currencies
By the client
- Extensions of the trip and increases in the number of participants are subject to the availability of the services requested and to an additional charge. In case of impossibility, the initial order must be respected. A reduction in the number of participants may also result in a surcharge for the remaining travelers, in addition to the cancellation fee, as the base price is calculated on a specific number of participants.
- Any change to the file other than the one mentioned above is considered a cancellation and will be charged according to the cancellation conditions listed below in the "Cancellation Fees" paragraph.
- In case of modification during the trip, the fees and supplements will have to be paid on the spot and the services not consumed will not be refunded.
By an external event
All expenses incurred due to unforeseen events (strikes, flight delays, missed connections, bad weather conditions, climatic problems forcing the cancellation of a service on site ...) and in the case where the compensatory alternatives proposed by the service providers concerned (airlines, hoteliers ...) were not suitable, will be charged to the client. The customer can send a complaint by registered letter to Story Tailor who will forward it to the responsible organizations, without any guarantee of refund.
No travel insurance (assistance, cancellation, assistance, repatriation, luggage or other) is included in the proposed packages. Story Tailor strongly recommends its clients to subscribe to a personal travel insurance.
Prior to the validation of the reservation, Story Tailor informs the client of the various administrative and/or sanitary formalities necessary for the execution of the trip (identity card, passport, visa, vaccinations, etc.). Their completion and the resulting costs are the sole responsibility of the client. These administrative and sanitary formalities indicated for each country are only intended for Belgian nationals. However, this information is provided for information purposes only. It is the traveler's responsibility to obtain information from the competent administrative authorities, i.e. not only those of the country in which he/she is staying, but also those of the countries in which he/she may have to stop over.
Story Tailor will not be held responsible for any consequences that may result for the client from the non-compliance with administrative, customs or health formalities. It is the traveler's responsibility to scrupulously respect these formalities and to make sure that the names and surnames transmitted during the filling of the registration form correspond exactly to those which appear on his identity card, passport, visas, etc. Story Tailor will not be held responsible for any failure to comply with these obligations, including the case where the traveler is denied boarding or fined.
Minors must have their own valid individual ID regardless of destination (passport or ID card depending on the country). Minors accompanied by an adult other than their parents, or by only one parent in the case of divorced or separated parents, must have their own valid individual identity document (passport or identity card depending on the country) and a parental authorization to leave the country issued by the police station or city hall of their residence.
From a health point of view, it is important to take into consideration possible changes in eating habits, climate and altitude conditions.... It is therefore up to each individual to check his or her physical condition before the trip and to take the usual medication if necessary or any preventive treatments (malaria, etc.). The traveler remains responsible for assessing these risks.
Please note that between the writing of these terms and conditions and the booking of a trip, some changes in formalities may occur. Story Tailor cannot be held responsible for these changes.
8- AIR TRANSPORT
The customer is informed before the purchase of his trip of the identity of the air carrier(s), which Story Tailor commits to use. This information may be modified in case of change of carrier, after the contract is concluded, and will be communicated to the customer as soon as it is known by Story Tailor. Story Tailor will not be responsible if the name of the carrier is not known in time despite its diligence.
Story Tailor can not be held responsible for changes in schedules or itineraries, possible cancellations of flights or "overbooking", the non-allocation by the airline of seat numbers pre-booked by Story Tailor, loss and damage of luggage, changes of airports caused by external events (strikes, technical incidents, overloads, bad weather, etc. ...). Any delays incurred do not lead to any compensation in the event of a change in the program or a missed connection.
The customer taking care of his air transport, will have to communicate to Story Tailor, the detail of the flights for the reservation of the ground transfers. Attention, between the writing of these conditions of sale and the reservation of a trip, some modifications of formalities are likely to intervene. Story Tailor cannot be held responsible for these changes.
9 - LUGGAGE
Each airline has its own baggage policy and it is the traveler's responsibility to check the weight, volume and dimensions of baggage authorized in the hold and in the cabin on the airline's website before departure. In case of excess luggage, if it is authorized, you will have to pay a supplement directly to the company at the airport.
Please note that depending on the destination (Southern Africa, East Africa, Argentina, Chile, Maldives, Mozambique, etc.), the weight of luggage authorized for all destinations may be limited to 12, 15 or 20 kg per person, on domestic airlines, grouped air shuttles, private aircraft, helicopters, seaplanes.
In the event of damage, late delivery, theft or loss of baggage, you must contact the airline to report the damage, absence or loss of your personal effects before leaving the airport, and then send a declaration to the airline, enclosing the originals of the following documents: ticket, baggage check-in coupon and the declaration.
10- FAILURE OF CUSTOMERS
Story Tailor can not be held responsible for the failure of customers to check-in at the place of departure of the trip caused by a delay in air, rail or land not organized by Story Tailor even if this delay results from a case of force majeure, external event or the fact of a third party.
Story Tailor cannot be held responsible for failure to check in:
- When the traveler presents expired identification and/or health documents (ID card, passport, visa, vaccination certificate...).
- When the traveler does not present the necessary identification and/or health documents for the trip.
- When the traveler does not provide the vouchers given by Story Tailor and justifying the land services purchased.
- In case of failure to register at the place of departure of the trip, 100% of the amount of the trip will be retained, as well as for the interruption by the customer of any trip started.
Any complaint must be sent by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt to Story Tailor within fifteen (15) days from the end of the stay. At the end of this period of fifteen (15) days, no claim can be taken into consideration.